A modern poster session is characterized by being the scientific
- where new original research is presented and discussed
- where researchers meet their specific audience
- were the researchers have the opportunity for in-dept discussions
with research colleagues with the same interests
- where the young researchers are presenting for the first
time in "safe" environment
- where the young researchers meet the experienced seniors
- where clinicians have the opportunity of getting an overview
of what will come tomorrow
- where editors of scientific journals are looking for the
new things for their journals
- where networks are established
- where you get new ideas
In short: the modern poster session is an interesting and joyful
marketplace in the best interpretation of the word. Therefore, the
AEP gives the highest priority to the poster sessions and we invite
the colleagues to present their research in the sessions during
the congress; final results as well as preliminary findings.
The posters will be grouped as to topic, and you are encouraged
to take contact to your fellow presenters in your thematic section
during the session. We will select the three best among the posters
at each of the two sessions for a first, second and third prize.
The two first prize winners give a short (5-7 minutes) presentation
of the research at the closing ceremony on Sunday April 18, 2004.
We, the responsible for the poster sessions, will do our very best
to make it an event on the highest scientific level and a warm and
personal social event.
Chair: Povl Munk-Jørgensen
Co-chair: Mónika Kovács and Aran Tomac
Posters should be 0.90m wide x 1.20m high. The title and authors
should appear in bold lettering. The text and illustrations should
be readable from a distance of 2 meters. There will be two poster
sessions on Thursday, April 15 and Saturday, April 17, 2004 in which
posters will be formally discussed. At least one of the authors
should be present at the poster for the duration of the poster session
on the designated day. The best posters will be awarded a prize
that will be presented during the Closing Ceremony of the Congress.