The AEP announces its Research Prizes 2008
The Association of European Psychiatrists has awarded three Research Prizes of € 2,500 (two thousand five hundred Euros) each, to young psychiatrists, working in Europe, who have published the best scientific papers in the year 2007 in the following areas:
1. Clinical psychopathology and refinement of psychiatric diagnostic categories.
2. Biological correlates and treatments of mental disorders.
3. Psychiatric epidemiology, social psychiatry and psychotherapeutic interventions in mental disorders.
The prizes will be awarded during the 16th European Congress of Psychiatry, to be held in Nice from 5 to 9 April, 2008.
Research Prizes have been awarded to the following young psychiatrists:
- Enrique BACA GARCIA (Spain), for his paper “Diagnostic stability of psychiatric disorders in clinical practice”, published in British Journal of Psychiatry (2007)
- Péter DÖME (Hungary), for his paper “Circulating endothelial progenitor cells and depression: a possible novel link between heart and soul”, published in the journal Molecular Psychiatry (2007)
- Graham Keith MURRAY (United Kingdom), for his paper “Substantia nigra/ventral tegmental reward prediction error disruption in psychosis”, published in the journal Molecular Psychiatry (2007)
- Seena FAZEL (United Kingdom), for his paper “Severe Mental Illness and Risk of Sexual Offending in Men: A Case-Control Study Based on Swedish National Registers”, published in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry (2007)