DRAFT GUIDELINES FOR THE USE OF AEP CORPORATE IDENTITY FOR EVENTS OR PUBLICATIONS NOT ORGANISED DIRECTLY BY THE AEP
The AEP (Association of European Psychiatrists) and ECP (European Congress of Psychiatry) names, logos and corporate identity reflects the credibility of and is the sole intellectual property of the AEP. In general, these logos, names, abbreviations or whatever symbols of corporate identity of the AEP and the European Congress of Psychiatry MAY NOT be used by any organisation or individual other than the AEP. This also applies to activities organized concurrent with or at AEP Congresses/events and which are not organized by the AEP scientific committee or subject to the full scientific and other reviews of the AEP Congress committee.
However, special permission will be granted for sponsors and for scientific activities organised by approved external parties at AEP Congresses and events, such as for approved satellite symposia, under the following conditions:
- An application must be made to the AEP administration via the Congress organizer (address, email etc) preferably at the same time as the submission of the scientific contents/programme of the satellite symposium. Written consent must be obtained by Tuesday, January 15, 2008.
- The application must:
- indicate the nature of the printed matter / document such as an invitation, flyer, poster or whatever
- indicate for which activity it is intended (if for a scientific session the programme/contents should be attached)
- contain an electronic graphic version of each document, poster, invitation or whatever that intends to display the logo/ AEP identity. Pre-final submission may be submitted for first review, but a final graphic version is required to obtain AEP approval.
- The AEP name, logo etc should not be the principal visual identity of the document, and should not exceed 5% of the surface of any one page or surface. The discretion of the AEP will apply.
- Any non AEP event for which such logo/name use is requested must be a bona fide scientific event, and does not include social events.
- The AEP /ECP logos may not be used on letterheads
- The documents displaying the aep2008/ECP logo/identity may not create the visual impression of being principally organized by the AEP. The actual organizer/sponsor must be clearly stated.
Please contact the AEP administration for further information, we will be glad to assist you or discuss special situations not covered in these guidelines.