Please note that each poster board will include an envelope in which you may place A4 reprints of your poster or relevant material.
Instructions for the Preparation of Posters
Please note the following information regarding your presentation:
- Posters may be prepared on one sheet (preferred method) or alternatively on several smaller sheets.
- It is recommended that your poster be 90 cm wide x 120 cm high.
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- Tacks and technical equipment will be available for the hanging of posters.
Please refer to the Final Program for the poster board number assigned to you.
Please use the board with the same number.
Instructions for the Presentation of Posters
- Your poster should be set up by Thursday, March 29 at 08:00 hours and removed by Friday, March 30 at 17:50 hours. The Organizing Committee and Secretariat cannot be responsible for posters that have not been removed by this time.
Please note: Posters will not be presented on Saturday, March 31.
- You are requested to stand next to your poster during the coffee and lunch breaks for informal discussions.
Instructions for the Preparation of Oral Presentations
1. DATA PRESENTATION
If using a PowerPoint presentation, please note you need to bring it in an IBM / PC compatible format on a floppy disk (3.5”/1.44 MB), on a CD, or on a “disk on key” (“flash memory”, using the USB port in the computer; no ZIP disk). Audio and video files must be loaded on one of the symposium’s computers in the Speaker’ Ready Room along with your PowerPoint file, at least 1 hour before the start of your session. Symposium personnel will be available to help you. You may supply your own laptop computer as a back-up, but this is normally not necessary.
Please note that the symposium computer in the session hall will run with Windows XP and Office 2000 (or beyond).
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MACINTOSH USERS
If using a Macintosh laptop computer, please note that you need to supply your own computer. Please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place, either during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session
If you need to use a video for your presentation *VHS multi-system format only), please advise the Symposium Secretariat, by e-mail or fax, no later than 3 weeks prior to the start of the Symposium.
3. OVERHEAD PROJECTION (projection of transparencies)
If you wish to use transparencies, please advise the Symposium Secretariat, by e-mail or fax, no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of the Symposium.
|PLEASE NOTE: SLIDE PROJECTION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE