Abstract submitters may have their abstracts accepted to be presented in the following presentation styles:
Abstracts that have been accepted for Oral Presentation within the different scientific sessions, have 10 minutes to present orally (with the aid of a PowerPoint presentation) and 5 minutes to answer questions and for discussion (unless scheduled otherwise in the Final Programme).
Poster Symposia Presentation:
Abstracts that have been accepted for Poster Symposia Presentation within the Poster Symposia Sessions, will have 7 minutes in which to present their poster in the appropriate symposia hall.
These 10 posters will be hung on special boards in the symposia hall for the duration of the session (1 hour and 15 minutes) and will be taken down after the session ends. The presenter will be able to present 3 or 4 slides explaining their poster, while the audience views it hanging in the hall.
Guided Poster Walk Presentations:
Abstracts that have been selected for presentation within a Guided Poster Walk Session will have 3 minutes to present their poster and 2 minutes to answer questions and for discussion.
These are parallel sessions that will take place in the poster area, and each parallel session will present 15 posters on a similar theme or topic. The presenters are expected to be at their posters for the duration of the session, as well as during coffee and lunch breaks.
This is strictly an oral presentation with no visual aids. The presenter will stand next to the poster board and explain the contents of the poster.
These posters need to be mounted and taken down like a regular poster (details to come).
Hanging Poster Presentation:
Abstracts that have been selected for Poster Sessions will hang their posters on the poster boards for the duration of a Poster Session. Presenters are expected to be present at their posters during coffee and lunch breaks, as well as the time dedicated to viewing posters in order to answer questions.
Details of the exact scheduling times will follow.
Instructions For The Preparation Of Posters:
- Please prepare your poster on one sheet of Bristol board or laminated paper.
Alternatively presenters may display their material on several smaller sheets.
- The dimensions of the poster board are: 1m wide x 2.30m long. It is suggested that your poster be 90 cm wide x 1.2m long. (Any longer, and it becomes difficult to see.)
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
- Tacks and technical equipment will be available for the hanging of posters.
- There will be plastic envelopes attached to the boards where you may place A4 copies of your poster for hand out.
- Please refer to the Final Programme for the poster number assigned to your abstract. Please use the board with the same number.