CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Participants are requested to submit an abstract in English to the Secretariat.
Deadline for the submission of abstracts is November 15, 2005. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Authors will be notified regarding abstract acceptance. Accepted abstracts will be printed in the Book of Abstracts that will be distributed at the Congress. Only a very limited number of Abstracts will be scheduled for oral presentation. Please indicate if you are submitting your abstract for oral or poster presentation. Authors will be notified of the method of presentation
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
Please note that abstract content may be edited at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
Should you wish to amend an abstract after submission please contact the Secretariat at email@example.com
Rules for submission to GAIT Congress
- The Congress Abstract Book will include plenary lectures, topical seminars and all accepted free presentations (oral and poster presentations). (This excludes company sponsored symposia).
- An individual may appear as first author on only one (1) abstract (not counting plenaries and Topical Seminars which are invited lectures only). The first author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster or oral. There is no limit to the number of abstracts a person can appear on as co-author.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by January 16, 2006 will be scheduled for presentation and included in the Book of Abstracts.
- The Scientific Programme Committee will review abstracts and information regarding acceptance, and scheduling will be sent to the corresponding author.
Guidelines for Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details; include full mailing address, office hours phone number and email address.
- Presentation type preference (poster presentation / oral presentation)
- Author or authors' names: initial(s) of first name(s), family name
- Affiliation details of all authors: department; institution / hospital; city; state (if relevant); country
- Abstract title
- Tables or graphs which you wish to include in the abstract. Images should be submitted in JPG/BMP format, maximum width 13cm, maximum height 18cm, and resolution of up to 150dpi. Click here for more guidelines.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words (fewer if a figure is included in the abstract)
Abstracts must use the following structured format:
Uncommon abbreviations must be defined on first use.
- Background and aims
- Conclusions (avoid evasive statements like "the findings will be discussed".
We recommend using word-processing software (for example Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended:
a: You will not be able to see the abstract after pressing the Submit button
b: You will not have a copy
c: You cannot check the number of words
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstracts must be submitted through this website - Submission is closed.