Technical/Audio-Visual Equipment Oral Presenters
A speakers' ready room, available every day throughout the meeting, will be provided for speakers.
If using a PowerPoint (or any other computer) presentation, please note you need to bring it on a floppy disk (3.5"/1.44 MB), on a CD or on a "disk on key", using the USB port in the computer and load it on one of the meeting’s computers in the Speakers' Ready Room, at least 1 hour before the start of the session. You may supply your own laptop computer as a back-up.
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Please note that the meeting’s computers in the session halls are being supplied with Windows XP and Office XP (at least).
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MACINTOSH USERS
If using a Macintosh laptop computer, please note that you need to supply your own, confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Please note that Video/VHS, overhead projection and slide projection will not be available.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF POSTERS
Please note the following information regarding your poster presentation:
- Posters may be prepared on one sheet (preferred method) or alternatively on several small sheets.
- It is recommended that your poster be 90 cm wide x 120 cm high (portrait style).
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- Double-sided tape will be available for the hanging of posters.
- Please note that each poster board will include a plastic pocket in which you may place A4 reprints of your poster or relevant material, for distribution to participants