Nano in the Art
Exhibition and Competition at NanoIsrael 2010 Conference
For the first time in Israel, NanoIsrael 2010 is proud to host an exhibition of works of art based on nanotechnology. Epson will sponsor the exhibition and provide prizes for the top three selected works, as judged by a jury of experts in the arts and sciences.
Nanoart features nanolandscapes (molecular and atomic landscapes which are natural structures of matter at molecular and atomic scales) and nanosculptures (structures created by manipulating matter at molecular and atomic scales using chemical and physical processes). These structures are visualized with research tools like scanning electron microscopes and atomic force microscopes and their scientific images are captured and may be further processed by using different artistic techniques to convert them into artworks showcased for large audiences.
NanoIsrael 2010 participants are invited to submit their work via disc on key (DOK). Picture must be received by Kenes before Friday, 1st October, 2010
Due to shortage of space, only 30 pictures will be on display at the conference. Pictures will be accepted on a ‘first come first serve’ basis providing the format of submission fits the requirements.
Rules of submission:
One picture per participant only.
The following needs to be included in a separate word document on the DOK
- Telephone no
- Date taken
- Figure caption: A brief description of the scientific content
- Personal statement: free text describing your personal view of the scientific content, as depicted in the submitted image
Pictures must be saved and sent via disk on key as RGB files. Other file types cannot be accepted.
- The minimum file size of each picture is 300 DPI and cannot be smaller then 13/18 cm.
- Submission of pictures acknowledges your acceptance for the picture to be published in official conference publications and for use in upcoming NanoIsrael conference printings, if desired by the committee.
- Presenting artist must be registered participants. Registration details and payment must be received by October 8, 2010 to ensure inclusion of the picture in conference publications and in order to be presented at the Nano art show.
- Pictures submitted via mail will not be accepted
- When sending your DOK, please inform the organizers via mail to email@example.com in order for us to confirm arrival and acceptance.
- Ensure your name is clearly printed on the outside of the DOK.
- DOK will be returned on site
- At the end of the closing session all pictures will be returned to the artists, with a signed original DIGIGRAPHIE certificate by both studio Cook and Epson stating his name and signature.
Kindly be aware that by sending your nano picture you'll allow the organizers to use it for other PR publications after the event.
The exhibition will be held during the NanoIsrael 2010 Conference and Exhibition at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel Aviv, on 8-9 November, 2010. Prizes will be awarded during the closing ceremony on Tuesday afternoon, 9th November.
Address to send disc on key
Linda Friedman – Nano Israel 2010
PO Box 56
Ben-Gurion Airport, 70100.