INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRESENTERS
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF ORAL PRESENTATIONS
1. Data presentation
If using a Powerpoint (or any other computer) presentation, please note you need to bring it on a CD or on a “disk on key” Memory stick ( using the USB port in the computer) and load it on one of the congress’ computers in the Speakers’ Ready Room, at least 1 hour before the start of the session. You may supply your own laptop computer as a back-up.
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Please note that the congress’ computers in the session halls are being supplied with Windows XP and Office XP (at least).
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MACINTOSH USERS
If using a Macintosh laptop computer, please note that you need to supply your own, confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
If you need to use a video for your presentation (VHS multi-system format or DVD), please contact the technician at the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive to confirm availability in the session hall where your lecture is taking place.
Please note that 35 mm’ slide projection and Overhead projection
(projection of transparencies) will not be available.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF POSTERS
Please prepare your poster on one sheet of cardboard. Alternatively presenters may display their material on several smaller sheets.
- The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 90 cm (3') wide x 170cm. (5'6") high
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters
- Tacks and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters.
- Please refer to the Final Programme for the poster number assigned to you.
- Please use the board with the same number.
- Please note that envelopes will be available in which you may place A4 reprints of your poster or relevant material.